Rantin's and Ravin's from the Heart of Dixie

Life as I know it from a Southern girl's point of view.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Week in Review


Last week was somewhat crazy so I thought I'd give you few readers a quick recap. Monday was a holiday, thank God! I did absolutely nothing and it was great. Why can't I do that more often??? I must admit though, I was having 24 withdrawls....I can't believe we've got to wait til January to see how Jack Bauer's going to get out of this mess he's in now.

Tuesday sucked at work....I had so much work to catch up on because we were out on Monday. But that night Karen and I decided to head out to the good ole laundromat and wash our comforters. Now this sounds boring, but here comes the highlight....I broke down and called a friend of mine that we'll call the "Roommate." The Roommate had given me his number and I debated about whether or not to call because this could've complicated my life even more. But I did it and I was glad. Turns out we have a lot in common and we're both huge flirts.....

Now Wednesday's where it starts getting interesting....my big sister in my sorority was having surgery in Birmingham at UAB hospital. So I planned to go see her and I printed out the directions for what I thought was the hospital. I had also made dinner plans with this guy I've been talking to (our first date) and I was going to spend the night with my friend Rachel. I left work early after Karen's Employee of the Month ice cream party and headed to Bham....I hate driving in downtown by the way. I made it to downtown and started the left and right turns to what I thought was the hospital. I found a parking deck and pulled in. I called my Big's husband to find out what room she was in and as it turns out, she had just gone into recovery when I got there so it wouldn't be until later that evening that I would be able to see her. I made the decision to head to Rachel's house and just visit the hopsital in the morning.

I should probably back up for a minute....I failed to mention that the date was cancelled, and no I didn't stand him up. He actually had to cancel because of a family emergency and I hope that wasn't his way of letting me down gently.

Anwyay, back to the parking deck. I was trying to pull out and I couldn't find a cashier window to pay and get out. All of the exits were cardholder only exits. So after backing up and turning around many times in the parking deck, I was stuck. I finally ended back at one of the cardholder exits and this lady pulled up behind me. I rolled down my window and said "HOW DO I GET OUT OF HERE!!!!!" She pulled through the other lane, swiped her card and went through the gate. She then got out of her car and ran back to my lane, swipped her card and I was free!!!!! I ended up on the interstate, headed South bound instead of North bound, so I had to turn around. It was during this time that my phone rang and the Yankee, aka the asshole, called and said, "heard you had a nice conversation with my roommate?" I admitted to it and asked him if that was okay with him and to that he replied "psh I don't care." Ok good....noted.

Once I was headed in the right direction, I got stuck in traffic, but I finally made it to Rachel's house. We headed out to Buffalo Wild Wings for beer (for me) and wings. Good times! I closed out the day by talking to the Roommate for about an hour or so. We talked so long that my phone died during the middle of the night...once again, good times!

I woke up Thursday and headed back to downtown Birmingham...yay. Once again, I got lost and couldn't find the hospital so I called my good friend Stephen who went to UAB for med school. I knew he could tell me which way to go. Turns out I was on the Southside and I needed to be on the Northside, or wait....I was on the Northside and needed to be on the Southside. I dunno, but either way, he got me to where I needed to be. I went in, met Jason and headed to Nia's room. Bless her heart, she was in a lot of pain. They ended up giving her an epidural (spelling anyone?) to help with the pain. I was going to go back to work at one, but that didn't happen. I spent the day with her and drove home that afternoon. But, I must say I asked for directions back to the interstate before leaving the hospital. They were right on, thank god! I had a staff meeting that night so I didn't get to relax until about 9:00 that night...and if I'm not mistaken, I talked to the Roommate that night too! ;)

Friday was a good day workwise. I didn't do much but I was able to get caught up on paperwork. As usual, I went to lunch at Jeffersons with the gang and we made plans to go to Tuscaloosa for the Alabama-JSU regional baseball game. We left work early about 3:30 and headed to T-town. Then the skies opened and practically flooded us. We got to Tuscaloosa in plenty of time, but there was a rain delay on the first game. Great. We then decided to eat at Wings, where I got more beer and wings (YAY!) and waited out the rain. The game finally started at 9:30 that night. I was hopeful when JSU scored first, but after the JSU reliever gave up a grandslam, we knew there was no hope. We left after the 7th inning, the score was 8-1 at that point. They ended up beating us 13-1. On a lighter note, South Carolina's game was postponed and they ended up winning both games on Saturday. YAY!!!!

Speaking of Saturday, JSU lost their second game so they were elminated. It sucks but at least they made it to regionals. I had class that morning and a midterm that I didn't really study for. I didn't have time since we got home at like 2:30am. But I managed to kick ass on it anyways! Hooray for me! I had to have my weekly Mexican fix, so I went to Frontera with Karen and Gilbert that night. Margaritas weren't strong enough, go figure, but we had a good time nonetheless. I ended up at Pelhams Saturday night with Matthew and it was good times. That was the biggest bartab I've ever had at Pelhams. But my intent was to get drunk. I know that sounds bad, but I had some drunk dialing to do. Unfortunately, the recipient didn't answer lol....so who knows what secrets could have been revealed. Maybe we'll know one day?!? I ended up at the D'aquisto's going away party and I drank half a bottle of Boones Farm...could I please go back to high school??? I haven't done that in ages, but it was cheap and it did the trick.

Sunday, I woke up feeling surprisingly okay, and then the Roommate called and we talked for about 3 or so hours (after I hung up on him three times on accident lol). Which meant I wasn't able to get a good nap in Sunday, but I'm okay with that. We went to see "The Break Up" that afternoon and I must say it was a really good movie. Vince Vaughn is freakin hilarious and I love the fact that Jennifer Anniston's name in the movie is Brooke. YAY for me! I had been warned that I might not like the ending, but I actually did. I thought it was perfect to be honest. I spent the rest of the night at Karen's house watching Gilbert put her furniture together while she yelled at her dog.

Now I'm back to Monday and classes start today. Yuck...hopefully it won't be too bad. At least it'll be over in 29 days. I know this was long, but lots happened last week. Who knows what'll happen this week. I already got some weird news today, so I hope that's it for the rest of the week.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger Hutch said…

    I hear the Roommate is hot and likes to talk a lot....

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger DixieBelle8681 said…

    Actually, he's very hot! He talks a lot, but that's okay because so do I lol!

    I hear I might have to put up a fight for him...

    I will tell you this though, he definitely makes me smile.

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Hutch said…

    Are you trying to pull the famed roommate switch?!?!? Let me know how it goes.... ;-)

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger DixieBelle8681 said…

    Don't worry, I'll keep you posted...it's sorta out of my hands though as to how this works out. Any advice for me? ;)

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Blogger Cap said…

    The asshole, huh? Thanks.

    roommate switch away if you want to be like that...

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger DixieBelle8681 said…

    Aww...come on now, Cap...you're the one who always said and I quote "I'm just an asshole kid."

    Just keepin it real...

    You know I love ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home