Rantin's and Ravin's from the Heart of Dixie

Life as I know it from a Southern girl's point of view.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The Day After

So yesterday was June 6...and I know most of the people I talked to had shitty days, including me. One of my employees called to say his class had been cancelled, a sorority sister's computer went crazy, Hutch's computer crashed and Matthew had a bad day too dealing with the mothers. My day wasn't far from those things either.

I ate in our dining hall yesterday, which under most circumstances isn't a bad thing. Sometimes I even want to eat there, but yesterday sucked. I came home from lunch and had to crash on my couch. I was so sick. I woke up after a short nap and went back to work and still felt bad. I think I'll leave the caf alone for a little while. One point evil day.

I made dinner last night for Karen and Matthew called and said he was coming over too. I tried a new recipe from Rachel Ray's new magazine and it was fabulous. Matthew gave me 5 stars, which meant a lot coming from him. He's a great cook and I'm a novice. One point me.

Now here's where the rest of my day gets weird. I talked to a friend of mine last night that I've missed talking to for quite some time now. Why, you ask, did I not call my friend before now? Who knows, maybe it was pride or maybe I was still hurting from the events that took place between us. Maybe I didn't want my friend knowing I missed them as much as I did. Whatever the reason was, I said somethings to my friend last night that I've been needing to say for months now. And the truth be told, I'm even more confused than I was before. My friend has a way of making me feel many emotions at one time and this person is probably the only person I know that can do this to me. I can be mad, laughing, crying and frustrated all at the same time. And that's basically what last night was like. There are still so many things that I'm mad at this person about, but at the same time, it was so good just to talk to them again. My friend said things to me that melted my heart, but I'm so clueless as to what it all means. I hate being so freakin analytical. I was proud of myself for going to sleep last night and not letting it eat me up inside. I slept fairly well, but this morning it's back on the fore front of my mind again. Tie, evil day and me.

So it looks like maybe yesterday wasn't so bad, considering it's a 2-2 tie between me and the evil day. It's only 11:20 now though, so evil may still be lurking around. I think this is a definitely possibility after reading some of the things that I have read today....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home