Rantin's and Ravin's from the Heart of Dixie

Life as I know it from a Southern girl's point of view.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

They say things happen in threes....

Ok, since Hutch and Cap have been posting on blogspot this week, I figured I needed to step up my game as well and get to posting! Things have been crazy lately and I must announce to the world, that I, Brooke Bell, have a boyfriend. I haven't had a "boyfriend" in 2 years and I almost don't know how to act. Sure I've dated guys in the past 2 years but none of them have been called my boyfriend since March of 2004. I hate to even write about this because as my luck could possibly have it, we'll be broken up in no time. I sure hope not though....

I'm sure you're thinking to yourself, so tell us about the guy already! Well, he's a great guy, but isn't that what they all say? He's a year younger than me, has a degree and a good job so automatically he gets brownie points for that. He emailed me from match.com this summer, June to be exact, but I never would go out with him. I dunno why which is the funny part. But, we continued talking everyday via the internet. So Labor Day weekend, I finally took him up on his offer and the rest is history.

I really like him, but last night we had an uncomfortable conversation about some things that I am dealing with and it has spun me into a tailspin. For once in my life, I wasn't doing the whole "does he really like me ?" crap that I am notorious for. Just ask the Yankee...I need constant reassurance and that can tend to push people away. But this time, I was comfortable and relaxed and assured. I know it's early to be having these concerns, but I can't help it. Right before we got off the phone last night, he did reassure me that he wasn't going anywhere, but some things just take time to work through. I definitely hope that's the case here.

So here's to Hutch, Cap and myself and our new relationships!

4 Comments:

  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Cap said…

    Sorry I couldn't hang in the conversation yesterday...I still feel sick as hell today.

    And as for me...I have no relationship yet.

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger DixieBelle8681 said…

    Well, things seem to be getting better. He asked me to meet his dad and dad's side of the family on Saturday night, so we'll see!

     
  • At 11:22 PM, Blogger Rachael Wyatt said…

    I haven't checked out this blog in QUITE some time....but yay for you! And how did meeting Dad go? You need to update me!! lol :o) Love ya!

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Sherry said…

    I love lamp.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home